Sometimes when we want to block some sites, it is highly recommended to block an entire IP address range of a DNS domain, instead of attempting to find every single web server. When it comes to popular and established websites like Google or Facebook, it becomes difficult to block them effectively due to the DNS server that such websites use.
Even though you try to get the domains IP in the Whois database so that you can access the commanding ONS server the responses vary from time to time in accordance to the data centre they wish to serve you from. However, you can put your worries aside as this article will fully explain to you how you can find an IP address range of any domain or website.
Windows can perform numerous tasks with the use of command line. You can get an IP address of a website by using your domain name in the ns lookup command. With the ns lookup command, you will be able to get the IP address any site’s host device.
Below is a step by step guide to finding an IP address range of a website or domain:
- Go to the start button and in the search box of the ns lookup write ‘cmd’ then hit the Enter button
- After the windows command prompt opens, type at ns lookup ftp.yahoo.com then press the Enter button
- It will indicate your Yahoo FTP IP address of the server that hosts the yahoo.com. In the same way, you can get the IP address of the host devices of any other site.
- To find the IP address of a site, in the command prompt just type a: ns lookup and then Enter
- Input any site’s domain name and then click Enter. The IP address of that specific website will appear. For instance, if you type google.com and Enter it will show the IP address of Google: 22.214.171.124.
Simply put, if you input http://126.96.36.199 in the address bar of your browser, it will open google.com site for you. Likewise, you can now get the IP address of any site you want by using its domain name. Also, you can verify the outcome by searching the IP address in the address bar of your browser.
With the above information, you can easily find the IP address range of any website or domain. Please note that sites without a dedicated IP address will give you different outcome every time you use the command prompt.
Other articles than can be interesting for you:
- Why You Need to Use Dedicated IP Address for Sub-Domain – To Achieve Better SEO Results
- Which Domain Name Extensions Rank the Highest in Google
- Why Google Prefers Sub-Domains for Ranking
— Nemo Group – UK Ltd (@nemogroupltd) 21 de abril de 2017